Branden Ghena(BRAN-duhn JEE-nuh, he/him)
TBD Mudd Hall
I am an Assistant Faculty of Instruction at Northwestern University in the Computer Science Department.
I was previously a:
Fall 2020 I am teaching:
- 08/2020: Graduated from UC Berkeley!
- 03/2020: Accepted a position at Northwestern as assistant professor of instruction starting Fall 2020
- 03/2019: Won the Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award for Fall 2018
- 04/2018: Signpost wins best demo runner up at IPSN 2018
- 11/2017: Ran a tutorial session on Tock at SenSys 2017
- 09/2017: Moved to the University of California, Berkeley to continue my PhD studies
- 08/2017: Ran a tutorial session on Tock at Rustconf 2017
- 03/2017: Hosted a tutorial session on using Signpost
- 08/2016: Check out our website on the Tock OS project
- 10/2015: Featured in a Michigan graduate student profile video
- 08/2015: PowerBlade won TI Innovation Challenge 2015 - Best Environmental Impact
- 05/2014: Won an Outstanding GSI Award for Fall 2013
- 04/2014: Awarded an NSF GRFP Fellowship
- 09/2013: Began my PhD studies at the University of Michigan
"Challenge: Unlicensed LPWANs Are Not Yet the Path to Ubiquitous Connectivity"
Branden Ghena, Joshua Adkins, Longfei Shangguan, Kyle Jamieson, Philip Levis, and Prabal Dutta
In Proceedings of the 25th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom'19)
"The Signpost Platform for City-Scale Sensing"
Joshua Adkins, Branden Ghena, Neal Jackson, Pat Pannuto, Sam Rohrer, Bradford Campbell, and Prabal Dutta
In Proceedings of the 17th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN’18)
"Multiprogramming a 64 kB Computer Safely and Efficiently"
Amit Levy, Bradford Campbell, Branden Ghena, Daniel B. Giffin, Pat Pannuto, Prabal Dutta, and Philip Levis
In Proceedings of the 26th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP’17)
"Green Lights Forever: Analyzing the Security of Traffic Infrastructure"
Branden Ghena, William Beyer, Allen Hillaker, Jonathan Pevarnek, and J. Alex Halderman
In Proceedings of the 8th USENIX Workshop on Offensive Technologies (WOOT'14)